Naunton Park

Cheltenham

Naunton Park was officially opened on 6 July 1893 and has gone through many transformations since.

Today it consists of two distinct areas - a quiet ornamental garden, with a magnificent Weeping Beech at its centre, bordered by cottages and Yew hedge - and a playing field and enclosed play area with magnificent views across to nearby hills.

The play area has been refurbished and planted with wildflowers and trees. New benches along the edge of the playing field provide a place to rest and take in the magnificent views from the park.

A pavilion building is used by cricket and football teams, the local youth club and the Allotment Holders Association.

The council works with the Friends of Naunton Park, to improve and enhance the existing facilities in the park for the use and enjoyment of local residents and users.

As a result of this hard work, Naunton Park has been awarded Green Flag Awards twice and thanks goes out to the Friends of Naunton Park for their continued care and interest in the upkeep of the Park.

Park entrances:

* Naunton Park Lane - ornamental garden
* Asquith Road

Car park and play area
Pavilion
Playing field

 

 

Gardens and Parks

See all listings from Gardens and Parks


Newsletter
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.

Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.