The PATA Centre
Chequers Bridge Centre
Tel: 01452 541244
Website: Click Here
Please check with the venue to confirm this event is running.
Characteristics of Effective Learning and Schemas (09 May 2022)
Characteristics of Effective Learning and Schemas
Course Aim: This introductory course offers an overview of the characteristics of effective learning and schemas.
Course Information: The EYFS defines characteristics of effective learning as
- Playing and exploring - children investigate and experience things and 'have a go'
- Active learning - children concentrate and keep trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements
- Creating and thinking critically - children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas and develop strategies for doing things
How children learn is just as important as what children are learning. This course will provide guidance for practitioners about what the characteristics are and how we can use them effectively when reflecting on the quality of children’s learning. A schema is a pattern of repeated actions and the awareness of schemas will help practitioners describe how children approach their learning. The role of the adult is critical in observing, identifying and understanding the 3 key characteristics and children’s fascinations to gain a better awareness of how to enable children to become lifelong learners.
Suitable For: Any Early Years Practitioners
Delivered by: Kate Beevers who is a qualified teacher with over 25 years experience of working with children and their families: in Schools, Early Years settings, and as an Adult Education tutor.
Date: Monday 9th May
Time: 9:30am - 12:00pm
Cost: £35 for members / £50 for non members
Important additional Information:
· Please ensure you complete the 'attendee name' and 'attendee email address' (of the person attending) to ensure we send the Zoom Invitation to the correct email address. A 'contact telephone number for the attendee is also required in case we need to contact them.
· Please note zoom invitations will be sent out 24 hours before the course/meeting starts. We are unable to send out zoom invitations until your invoice has been settled. Payment is required within 7 days of the invoice date or 24 hours before a course/meeting starts (whichever is sooner).
· If payment cannot be made within this timeframe then please email email@example.com to agree an extension to your payment deadline, otherwise, your place on the course may be cancelled.
The PATA Centre
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.