The PATA Centre
Chequers Bridge Centre
Tel: 01452 541244
Website: Click Here
Please check with the venue to confirm this event is running.
'Interacting or Interfering? The Role of the Adult' with Dr Julie Fisher (06 Oct 2022)
'Interacting or Interfering? The Role of the Adult' with Dr Julie Fisher
Every day, early years practitioners engage in interactions with young children that have the potential to enhance their learning. However, such is the temptation to squeeze every teaching moment out of each interaction that practitioners often interrupt children’s thinking and consequently interfere with their learning. Julie’s webinar will address the knowledge, timing and sensitivity necessary to interact effectively. It will consider how practitioners effectively extend and enhance children’s communication and language through natural, genuine ‘conversation’. Through the use of DVD footage the webinar will explore the role of the practitioners working in baby rooms through to Year 2. By observing practice that is both adult-led and child-led, there will be opportunities for delegates to reflect on how to tune in to children’s current thinking and how to respond in ways that are of benefit to their learning and development.
During the session Dr Julie Fisher will discuss:
- Why talking to – and listening to - children matters so much
- Asking ‘who leads the learning?’ and how this alters the role of the adult
- Tuning in to the child in order to encourage communication
- Maintaining the momentum of an interaction and sustaining thinking
- Exploring how to extend, enhance and enrich children’s language
- Questioning - how it can inhibit thinking – and what to do instead
- Examining when, whether and why an interaction becomes interference
Delivered by: Dr Julie Fisher, who is an independent Early Years Adviser, Trainer, Author and Visiting Professor of Early Childhood Education at Oxford Brookes University
Suitable for any Early Years Practitioner working with babies to KS1 (Year 2)
Date: Thursday 6th October Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Venue: on-line (Zoom)
Cost: Members: £35* until 31st August 2022/ £40 from 1st September 2022 onwards
Non Members £50* per person until 31st August 2022 / £60 from 1st September 2022 onwards
(*Invoices must be settled within 7 days of the invoice date to benefit from the lower prices prior to 1st September.)
Important additional Information:
· Please ensure you complete the 'attendee name' and 'attendee email address' (of the person attending) to ensure we send the Zoom Invitation to the correct email address. A 'contact telephone number for the attendee is also required in case we need to contact them.
· Please note zoom invitations will be sent out 24 hours before the course/meeting starts. We are unable to send out zoom invitations until your invoice has been settled. Payment is required within 7 days of the invoice date or 24 hours before a course/meeting starts (whichever is sooner).
· If payment cannot be made within this timeframe then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to agree an extension to your payment deadline, otherwise, your place on the course may be cancelled.
The PATA Centre
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.