The PATA Centre
Chequers Bridge Centre
Tel: 01452 541244
Website: Click Here
Please check with the venue to confirm this event is running.
SEND - An Introduction to Neurodiversity (03 Jan 2023)
SEND - An Introduction to Neurodiversity
New date to be confirmed. Please ignore the advertised date and join the waiting list to register your interest.
Neurodiversity has become a bit of a "buzzword" in the early years, and many early years practitioners are keen to understand this significant shift when thinking about children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This short course introduces you to some of the key terminologies that are emerging and explains why the language we use is important. Across the session, you will:
- be introduced to key terms in neurodiversity and consider why they are important
- explore why this matters to our early years' practice, and what we can do to shift our perspective
- explore practical examples of neurodiversity affirming practice.Neurodiversity is a broad topic and so this course will help you to become familiar. A follow-up course 'Exploring Ableism and Send in the Early Years' on 25th January will explore some of these concepts in greater detail based around ableism.
Delivered by: Kerry Murphy who is an Early Years SEND Specialist and has worked with a local authority. Kerry has had strategic responsibility for the quality of SEND provision including developing the SENCO and SEND-Based training programmes. She lectures at a London University and is currently undertaking a PHD in early childhood early intervention.
Dates: Wednesday 30th November
Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Venue: on-line webinar
Cost: (one person per booking)
Non members £30 until 31st August 2022/ £40 from 1st September 2022 (*invoices must be settled by 31st August 2022 to benefit from lower price)
Important additional Information:
- Please ensure you complete the 'attendee name' and 'attendee email address' (of the person attending) to ensure we send the Zoom Invitation to the correct email address. A contact telephone number for the attendee is also required in case we need to contact them.
- Please note zoom invitations will be sent out 24 hours before the course/meeting starts. We are unable to send out zoom invitations until your invoice has been settled.
- Payment is required within 7 days of the invoice date or 24 hours before a course/meeting starts (whichever is sooner). If payment cannot be made within this timeframe then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to agree an extension to your payment deadline, otherwise, your place on the course may be cancelled.
The PATA Centre
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.