The PATA Centre
Chequers Bridge Centre
Tel: 01452 541244
Website: Click Here
Please check with the venue to confirm this event is running.
SEND - The Building Blocks of Behaviour - seeking connection not control (15 Nov 2022)
SEND - The Building Blocks of Behaviour - seeking connection not control
This interactive online course is an opportunity for us to explore one of the biggest topics in early childhood - behaviour. Developing relational approaches can be difficult when we are faced with lots of different emotions, feelings and behaviours. This course addresses some of the key ways in which we can develop boundaries that help us to connect with rather than control children. Through the two sessions you will come to understand;
- What is meant by developmentally appropriate behaviour, and how to understand in the context of expressing needs.
- The differences between top-down and bottom-up behaviours, and why we must be flexible in behaviour support.
- The importance of helping children to move through moods.
- How to move beyond correcting and controlling behaviour, but instead connecting with the behaviour, and therefore the child.
- Why wellbeing and well-doing is crucial in behaviour support.
- The Behaviour in children aged 2 to 6 years
This course will include a digital workbook, certificate, and you will complete some interactive gap tasks.
Delivered by: Kerry Murphy who is an Early Years SEND Specialist and has worked with a local authority. Kerry has had strategic responsibility for the quality of SEND provision including developing the SENCO and SEND-Based training programmes. She lectures at a London University and is currently undertaking a PHD in early childhood early intervention.
Dates: Tuesday 18th October and 15th November (2 sessions to be attended)
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Venue: on-line webinar
Cost: (one person per booking)
Non members £85 until 31st August 2022/ £100 from 1st September 2022 (*invoices must be settled by 31st August 2022 to benefit from lower price)
Important additional Information:
- Please ensure you complete the 'attendee name' and 'attendee email address' (of the person attending) to ensure we send the Zoom Invitation to the correct email address. A contact telephone number for the attendee is also required in case we need to contact them.
- Please note zoom invitations will be sent out 24 hours before the course/meeting starts. We are unable to send out zoom invitations until your invoice has been settled.
- Payment is required within 7 days of the invoice date or 24 hours before a course/meeting starts (whichever is sooner). If payment cannot be made within this timeframe then please email email@example.com to agree an extension to your payment deadline, otherwise, your place on the course may be cancelled.
The PATA Centre
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.