Amber Astron Christo
Clever Cat Tuition
Tel: 07814 574610
Clever Cat Tuition - START YOUR CHILD’S 11+ PREP. NOW!! Or ‘catch-ups’ in English/Maths!!
EXPERT ONLINE TUITION WHERE EVER YOU ARE!
- FOUR 5 STAR RATINGS ON GOOGLE
- FIVE 5 STAR RATINGS ON YELL.COM
START YOUR CHILD’S 11+ PREP. NOW!! Or ‘catch-ups’ in English/Maths!!
- Highly qualified teacher with experience of on-line tuition with both local and international pupils.
- FREE initial assessment
- £32 per one hour lesson, (Skype), including bks/materials.
Our extensive and successful experience with online tuition for overseas pupils, (either English or 11+ and school entrance exam prep.), made for good preparation for the pandemic. After the ‘lockdown’ all our tuition was conducted online, and continues to be so. We use Skype and all materials are provided, including any hard copies, books etc.
Clever Cat Tuition provides an individualised service geared to the needs of each pupil. Work folders and materials are included in the fee.
- 11 Plus/SATS/Private school entry/exam preparation.
- English & Maths tuition, either as short booster or ‘catch up’ courses; or long-term where extra support is needed.
- English as a second language, for pupils who do not speak English as their mother-tongue. These courses are offered to UK pupils, as well as those living abroad.
- Literacy/language assessment & written report writing service for SEN.
- Dyslexia screening.
- Specific teaching/learning techniques for children with special/additional needs.
Individual tuition is £32 per hour.
SEN Assessment/report writing is £40 per hour, (this will usually involve 2 one-hour sessions, plus additional time for scoring, analysing and writing report).
TUTORING FORMAT IS DESIGNED FOR THE INDIVIDUAL CHILD’S NEEDS:
- For 11 PLUS/entrance exam prep., apart from teaching curriculum content and question answering techniques, a lot of effort is made to instil a sense of confidence in the pupil to enable them to focus and tackle the challenge with positivity.
The first online ‘Meet and Greet’ session is offered FREE so a basic assessment and tuition plan can be made.
I am a highly experienced and qualified teacher, with 2 degrees, (ex-Special Needs Co-ordinator), have worked in both mainstream and special schools, and managed Speech and Language units.
C.C.T. NOW HAS 5 FIVE STAR RATINGS ON YELL.COM
This is what some of our parents have said:
“Amber has been an invaluable part of my son’s education...evaluating his learning style...tailoring lessons to suit him...she has helped in supporting the whole family to understand his needs & maximise his potential.” - Mrs R. GL51.
“------has really enjoyed working with Amber...Maths & English have been really boosted...increased confidence and skills in these areas have been noticed at school. Amber provides a relaxed and flexible service in your own home, which has been great for us..." - Mrs E. Hatherley.
“Since ------started (tuition) we have had a dramatic change in attitude/behaviour, also positive comments from school...Getting the right kind of help has brought back the loving, curious, fun child -----used to be...Thank you,Amber... ” - Mrs O. Charlton Kings.
“Wonderful tuition with Amber. Lucas is always so keen to learn with her and his vocabulary and writing has significantly improved.” - Mrs Rachel D-P, The Park, Cheltenham.
- “Outstanding tuition, Amber helped our son prepare for grammar school tests…had a great ability to focus on what needed to be improved…she did everything she could to help our son. I would wholeheartedly recommend Amber.” - Mr B., Bishops Cleeve.
Previous Headteacher Colleagues have said:
“Amber brings a refreshing width and depth of challenge to school life. She is an exemplary advocate for troubledchildren , who can contextualise their problems realistically but with an admirable academic rigour.” - G.S. Davidson
- “...carried out her work with great skill, determination and industry...planning, record keeping and assessment procedures are of a high order. Amber is popularwith with pupils, colleagues parents and governors...a very supportive and able teacher.” - Mr M.Davies
I try to make learning fun, and relevant, using your child's interests to make it more engaging. A National Curriculum doesn't mean that a rigid 'formula' has to be applied.
Amber Astron Christo B.ed(Hons) M.A.
Please visit the website for more information or telephone/text for a free assessment.
Clever Cat Tuition
Clever Cat Tuition provides individual or small group tutoring for children up to 12 years of age, in their own home.
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.